Speech topics include:
- My road to publication
- How my childhood love of reading and career as a librarian helped me transition to being a writer
- The backstory to P.S. I MISS YOU and GOOD ENOUGH.
-Jen's personal journey to eating disorder recovery.
- What it's like writing about "difficult" topics, especially ones with a personal connection.
- My writing process.
I also love doing Q&As!
Workshops include exercises and discussions about:
- How writing is more than simply a "good idea."
- The importance of revision.
-What it's like to research and fact-check a non-fiction book.
- What it takes to build good main and supporting characters.
- How life affects writing.
- What's unique about writing a novel in letters or journal entries.
I provide my own letter and journal-writing exercises, along with other writing prompts!
I am also available to lead more focused workshops or presentations on eating disorders, where I can talk about my own journey to recovery, body image, society, peer pressure, and more. I would love partner with health teachers, as well!
One of my favorite experiences as a kid was assemblies and talks by visiting authors and I'm so thrilled to be able to pass on that experience.
1 hour presentation/workshop: $150
2 presentations/half day: $250
4 presentations/full day: $400